Thursday, May 15, 2008

Everybody Eats - The Food Blog Concept

The idea of Everybody Eats is something I've talked about for a long time. After almost a decade cooking in restaurants in Toronto, Vancouver, and Fort Lauderdale, Florida I found a way to make a living as a journalist and while it has been almost another ten years since I traded in my tongs for a typewriter, I've still had to eat.

Cooking everywhere from the neighbourhood bar and grill to the finest fine dining establishments, a passion for food was instilled in me and remains today. While several breakfasts, lunches and dinners have been hurried and a fair share just serving to placate the palate in a pinch, I am proud to say that I have continued to approach the majority of my meals armed with that passion.

Whether its finding fresh ingredients, researching fabulous flavours or choosing the right restaurant wherever I am (Try the famous Primanti Brothers sandwich seen above if you are ever in Pittsburgh, PA or Ft. Lauderdale, FL) , there is a lot of planning and foresight that goes into the majority of what I eat - certainly enough to fill the pages of a blog.

I am currently living in Toronto, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, and in recent times I've been lucky enough to find work that has me travelling all over the globe. What I am hoping to create with Everybody Eats is a blog that will take readers through my own adventures in food - from inside my kitchen at home to the rare fare I find on the road. This will include great recipes, useful cooking tips, restaurant reviews, a little bit of insight into food and culture around the world and some great food-related stories.

When you approach food with the kind of zeal that I do, almost everything you eat has an interesting story behind it - Everybody Eats is my chance to document that story and if you're reading this, it's your chance to follow along as I cook and eat my way across this tasty little planet of ours. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

great blog come check out my cooking blog and my cooking store its all located within my blog.

Great job keep up the great work.
wandysue

http://countryfixins2009.blogspot.com